The past week:
– Our apartment was clean (the Mom of one of my suite mates was visiting, and cleaned everything for us…).
– I read 125 pages of homework on Friday–somehow they all related to finance.
– I found out who my new suite mates will be for the next year or so, as well as the fact that I will have the apartment to myself for a week or two.
– I watched Cinderella Man with Daniel. It was very good, except the one scene where they use God’s name in vain multiple times. 😦
– I took a couple walks.
– Daniel dressed up and made dinner for me, just to make me smile on a bad day. 😀
– I have had the opportunity to spend a lot of time in adoration.
– I found out that one of my friends will be visiting this winter!
Today is the feast of St. Monica, and at the school Mass we did the optional readings which were from Sirach 26.
A wife’s charm delights her husband, and her skill puts fat on his bones. A sensible and silent wife is a gift of the Lord, and there is nothing so precious as a disciplined soul. A modest wife adds charm to charm, and no balance can weigh the value of a chaste soul. Like the sun rising in the heights of the Lord, so is the beauty of a good wife in her well-ordered home. (Vs. 13-16)
There is so much for me to work on–I want to cooperate with the formation of my soul, mind, and body. I want to do all things in the most perfect way possible: out of love. I wish I could absorb everything that is held in Scripture, and live it in everyday life. I guess I will just pick myself up yet again and continue striving to follow that path for the rest of my life, one day at a time.